Review Of New Parts that have Arrvied!

So it wasn't 2 weeks ago I'm calling an 800# in effort to order the parts needed to convert my cabinet to Donkey Kong when a lady answers the phone with a stand offish attitude asking me "What do you need?" Against my gut instinct I read her off the list I needed, she promptly asked for my address without confirming my order, then my name, CC# and CVC code and just tried to end the call with "That will be shipped"  I wasn't going to accept this, how much do i owe? When will it ship? an order #? Are you positive you have my order right? How will I know a tracking #? needless I started prompting for answers she simply said she could send me a confirmation email when it was sent so I gave her the E-Mail address sure enough later that day got an email with a tracking and order # on it (No price, had to check my pending charges to figure that out)

So yesterday came and so did UPS with my box in hand, I was a bit nervous at first but as soon as I opened the box everything I ordered was there with a packing slip on the top! included in the box was all Donkey Kong Parts inc+luding: Bezel, CPO, CP Instruction Card, Bezel Sticker, Side Art, Marquee and Coin Sticker! I was a little shocked & Impressed at the same time, to hell with customer service with Arcadeshop.Com but they do in fact fill the order and deliver on time, So i guess that's all that matters!  So I will explain each one of the items a little for those of you thinking about purchasing from them and the quality and how it compares to the original.

First off Bezel $45: as all parts the bezel is no exception it is silk screened onto tinted plexiglass and gives off a nice NOS feel with the masking still attached to the plexi. The colors and details are all there! the silk screen feels like a high quality job as does the feel of plexi, maybe the thickness is what makes some feel cheaper than others but was more than satisfied with the product. In relation to the original Bezels the only difference I can see is the tint on the bezel is not "As" dark as the originals but very minor difference if any would be noticed once installed - secondly the NOS Ninty Bezels have a metal frame clasped to the bottom of the bezels; I assume this was to fill width - this bezel does not include that though I'm sure you can remove it from an old one and attach to this one Im just scared to ruin the printing.

Marquee $40: The Marquee Looks a little "too" good/New compared to an original and there could be a couple reasons why...Maybe the fact its not 32 years old? Needless I believe a trained I could spot this one with no strain, yes the quality is great but I get the feeling the plexi is actually thicker than originals. I like how nice it looks but when looking through it, it just seems the graphics are further back but I could be wrong, needless anyone in need of a new Donkey Kong marquee that didn't have to have "Original" would love having this replacement part.

Control Panel Overlay $40: once again another silk screen plexi part beats the hell out of a cheap sticker to just stick on something makeshift and looks so much more authentic! I held this piece up to my Popeye CPO and the thickness was identical, The graphics were beautiful and all the holes matched up properly. Now in terms of matching up to the original my only slight complaint about this piece is that its a little less than a mm off. Its noticeable around all the holes the graphics were either printed a tad off or the holes were drilled a tad off, I think the latter. Let me express though this is only noticeable around the holes and keep in mind when all the bolts and buttons have been installed you will no longer be able to see this.

Side Art $69: This is the product that brought me to the store in the first place as I have herad other people say hands down they have the best reproductions available and after feeling the new side art I will have to agree. It's dead on obvious they spared no expense to create "Quality" art and as many different sites on the net selling it (produced in many different ways) you need to be able to cut through the bullshit and get what the best is! The side art is on thick sturdy vinyl with masking over the graphic for extra protection. They sent the side art to me rolled up, this can be frustrating to apply in this shape and sometimes without weeks of heavy pressure or weathering its going to remain that way but I simply placed the bezel and marquee on top of it on the carpet with the box it came on for roughly 7 hours when I removed the sideart was flat!

Those who may not know there are two types of donkey Kong Sideart floating around out there and the prices very anywhere from $40 - $85 notice the pictures included circled is Donkey Kong's Arm, in the pic on the right you will notice allot more jagged edges and no tan part of fur in that section as in the other including the original on the left not so jagged including the extra detail of the tan fur in which ArcadeShop.Com has! (Also there are more than just that difference) so for $69 for high quality closest to original I'm happy. Also Keep In Mind look at the pic below to see cheaply made sideart that is also being sold out there.

Beware of the following Sellers of DK Side Art

reprocade.com: This side art is simply ink jet printed graphics copied directly from the arcade library onto adhesive low quality(pic to the left)
Mikes Arcade: Does in fact have masked die cut side art but is using an old silk screen run that has many discrepancies with jagged edges which to a trained eye looks like crap.
Quarter Arcade: Also using the old silk screen run graphics but printed on cheap glossy adhesive not die cut no masking
EBay: Need I explain?

Bezel Sticker/CP Card/ Coin Sticker $10: For the remaining stickers they are all printed on 3M stock indicating they are of great quality, these are certainly no home desk jet printer crap many are trying to sale, the stock is thick, Coin Sticker is Masked, absolutely no pix-elation crisp clear, glossy! In terms of how they stand up to the original? Well to be honest the CP Card looks Identical but as for the Bezel  Coin Stickers.. They are of "Better" quality than the originals, the gloss & thickness give it away but they damn sure look better as well!

 So overall I am extremely impressed with the Quality of reproductions and happy I went this route purchasing everything vs fishing for all the items individually on craigslist or Ebay and hoping for a good looking piece. In the world of purchasing "You get what you pay for!" and this is no Exception to reproductions, If you are wanting a clean new look I highly recommend ArcadeShop.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment