Lower Bezel Support Frame/Bar

So today an envelope arrived with some samples I ordered in different thickness's in an effort to replace the original piece located on the board that supports the lower Bezel. For those not knowing what I'm talking about see the picture below. I really don't know what Nintendo originally applied to this piece of the cabinet could have been vinyl, plastic, or even a very thin lair of formica. The closest thing I could find was "ABS Plastic". So i contacted a company to ship out a few different sample sizes to get an idea of what i needed and it appears the .020 or .030 is the correct width.

 I will most likely stick with the .020" as I will be using contact cement to connect the piece after I order it custom size which i believe is 2x23 1/2". I figure if contact cement is what will be holding it up, there is such a slight difference that is unnoticeable; having a little less plastic to hold up will last longer after all this stuff is not cheap. Then again I am doing a "Restore" on the cabinet and I fully intend to bring the former glory of this cabinet back to its original brand new off the truck look as possible, I understand many individuals strip the piece, sand it smooth then paint it and are very happy with the look, but I just want a more authentic feel. Later this week I will begin the primer/paint process.

No comments:

Post a Comment