Setting up SW2 for 60 in 1 functionality

Ok so some may be wondering by now what I was going to to about the button situation on the 60 in 1 vs what the DK cabinet has available. Well I really wasn't going to drill another hole in my control panel/CPO, though I could have easily had quite a few good 1 button games I wanted some of the two button game notably 1942/1943/1943 KAI. I decided that I would use the 2nd Player Start button as my SW2. The entire time I have ever owned the cabinet I have never played 2 Players on this cab, if it tells you anything my roommate noticed me working on it tonight and pointed out the Player 2 Start button and stated he had no idea that was there and how would you play 2 players?.....(yeah hes been living in the house for 3 years....) So that should easily explain why I'm going this route!

As I mentioned in an earlier post the Jamma to Nintendo adapter has holes designated for adding additional switches B2-B5 to be exact. So this makes it very handy in adding the extra button without having to chop anything up. I simply soldered a 22awg wire to the B2 port on the adapter, crimped a connector to the other end, slid the connector off of the P2 Start button and slid the new wire on! Simple as that! So once again as its been stated many times, at this point all you would have to do is switch the connectors, unplug the adapter and connect the edge harness to a DK 2 Board set and its instantly a DK dedicated! I as well put all the wiring/components back in the cab today, I have yet to fasten the ground wires, waiting for the 60 in 1 to arrive tomorrow and the coin doors will be powder coated in a week or two and that's all that's left!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment