60 in 1 Installed and Working

So I know its been awhile since my last post but I have been busy with school. I went ahead and finally installed the 60 in 1 card and everything is working but not without a week setback of frustration. After getting the connectors made for the Power supply I went ahead and plugged everything in to find the screen boot up, the colors completely washed out flying to the right at about 60mph upside down... yeah my thoughts WTF!!!! and trust me it was so bad It took awhile to realize the picture was even upside down, that's how unrecognizable it was!

I had no idea what was going on, so I consulted the manual. The first thing I figured out was the jumpers were set to CGA and not VGA, that helped clear it up quite a bit but still the colors were just awful. I then realized the image was upside down so I set the jumper to "flipped" screen and that was fixed. Next came the colors and the fact the V hold would not stay still. With all the adjustments made and no progress I gave up for the night in frustration. While laying in bed thinking about it I started to consider the inverter to be the problem as Mikes adapter had an inverter on it, but I had set the pins for no inversion on the board, long story short next morning got up and just decided to bypass the inverter board and plug directly into the chassis. Huge improvement! now there was just one last problem, white lines moving across the damn screen and faded color, not to mention anytime you turned the machine back on you would have to re set the vertical hold.

Well needless over the next week, I was posting to KLOV, searching the net, speaking to Mark and another friend. Everyone was sure it was a grounding problem after the initial process of troubleshooting and eliminating Mark's adapter. In a stroke of luck with nothing left to lose I discovered the issue turned out to be a grounding wire wasn't tightened "Enough" good god! I guess I'm just happy it turned out to be easy and cheap, then again thinking back to my ex wife, that's not always the best thing.... In the first picture you can see the grounding wire from the Isolation transformer to the power supply then into the earth is circled, that was the problem! From the 2nd photo you can see the problem with the lines on pac, and now everything tightened and looking beautiful on DK. lastly just need to configure the menu and get the metal parts powder coated and it will be complete


No comments:

Post a Comment