New Monitor Bezel For Vertical Positioning

As the monitor in the cabinet was originally mounted horizontal, the bezel only fits that orientation so I needed to create a new Bezel that would accommodate the vertical position. I purchased black poster board sheet, 22"X28" and it turns out it was about spot on :) just had to cut 3" from the bottom. I simply measured the largest width from the center of the monitor on the previous bezel which gave me 12"2/16, I measured the poster board at 22"2/16 so I am left with 10" split that in half and you have 5" Which I measured out from each side of the sheet made a straight line down both sides. From there I simply used the old bezel as a template, placed it between the lines traced it, then cut it out with an Xacto Knife.

The bends were made by eyeballing the old monitor, no real measurements, but it turned out right. I guess sometimes Lady Luck is on my side or she is just a fan of the 80's arcade scene. As you can see in the picture I have just simply laid it down over the monitor and the fit is snug, as with the original back drop still there its blocking all light out. The original bezel has holes where a washer sits on top of them holding it down to the Monitor frame,  my mounting is a bit different so I'm going to use black zip ties to hold it to the vertical monitor mount, as you know all the slots in the shelving brackets will accommodate this perfectly! I picked this Poster board up at Walmart for .97 cents and the thickness surprisingly enough matched the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment