DIY Vertical Monitor Mount & Brackets

Alright, So just tying up some lose ends and the one I decided to tackle today while waiting for some more parts was the Vertical Monitor Mount. As I had Popeye I have both of the Horizontal brackets but for DK Being vertical I needed a small bracket for the bottom, a long steel bar for the top bracket and 2 "L" brackets! Now if you look on the Net for these small pieces of metal you will be pressed to pay less than $50 after shipping! Excuse my french but that's Fucking ridiculous! So after posting want ad in KLOV, Craigslist, Watching Ebay I came up with nothing! I did however make a deal with Anthony who owns QuarterArcade just to have him flake out of the deal....This only leaves an impression of how his business works ensuring me to never order from him but that's beside the point.

I went to Lowes and purchased a 35" Slotted shelving mount/Bracket & a package of L brackets that
had the holes closest to a match with the side of the cabinet. The L Brackets were off by just a tad but after getting the Drill out and going to town widening out 1 of the holes on each L Bracket they lined up just fine. With both L Brackets fastened to the cabinet I uses a reciprocating saw to cut the Shelve mount to the proper width giving me 2 pieces. I lined the longer piece up with the holes on the L Brackets, then drilled. From there I took the shorter piece with a sharpie pen, lined up the holes in the board the chassis sits on and drilled all 3 of them, used zipties to hole the top bracket in place and simply put a bolt into the lower I then put the monitor in to the cabinet holding it up to the upper bracket and marking the 2 next holes that needed to be drilled. Everything has now been put in with bolts and looks great and for only $5!

Some may be questioning what about the 2 bolts on on the bottom part of the monitor? Where did you screw those in at? Simple truth i didn't! The thing of it is the way it is mounted to the top vertical bracket forces the monitor at a slant and the sheer weight of the monitor with its bottom mounting plate forced against the bracket I installed prevents it from moving at all. I shook the cabinet no movement what so ever. I imagine if the cabinet were to fall over face first you might have a problem but, that would be only 1 of many in that case! Now Lastly I was excited to receive my new bulb and starter from Topbulb today, I pugged both in and wah-lah! I had light! First time I have ever seen the Marquee lit since I bought it back in 05' and damn does the DK Marquee look good!

More pics to come of the monitor mounted in, phone was dying while trying to take the photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment